Follow Us:

Employment (Work) Visas

U.S. Legal Permanent Residents may elect to become U.S. Citizens and naturalize.

Employment Visas

Work visas for the U.S. are available across many categories, and may be subject to annual quotas and complicated regulations. Many occupations lead to visas quickly due the shortage of skilled workers in the U.S. Others require visas that can take a long time to acquire and may involve several federal agencies in the process. Some employment visas are temporary, some are permanent. Others begin as temporary but allow the individual to pursue permanent residence.

We help individuals and businesses to acquire U.S. employment authorization. Call or email us to find out how we can help you. We are always happy to connect you directly with an experienced employment based immigration attorney.

Types of Employment Visas

• A Visa - Diplomats, officials and employees of foreign governments • B Visa - Temporarily entering the U.S. for business purposes
• C Visa - NATO, United Nations and other foreign officials
• D Visa - Crew on a vessel required for normal operating and services of that vessel
• E Visa - Investment in the U.S. or substantial trade with the U.S. • F Visa - Student visa that allows employment at the educational institution and for training during the last year
• G Visa - Representatives of a foreign goverment
• Green Card - Employment-based permanent residence
• H Visa - Skilled and unskilled workers, professional nurses, temporary agricultural workers, trainees
• I Visa - Representatives of foreign press, radio, film, or other information media
• J Visa - Exchange visitor as trainee, professor or research scholar, short-term scholar, non-academic specialist, foreign physician, international visitor, teacher, government visitor, camp counselor, au pair, or summer student in travel/work program
• K Visa - Spouses and fiances of U.S. citizens that have entered the U.S. on a K visa may apply for work authorization
• L Visa - Intracompany transfer of foreign managers, executives, or persons with specialized knowledge
• M Visa - Student visa that allows for practical training at after the completion of studies
• O Visa - Extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business or athletics
• P Visa - Athletes and group entertainers
• Q Visa - Participant in an international cultural exchange program
• R Visa - Ministers and persons working in a religious vocation
• TN Visa - Canadian and Mexican professionals under NAFTA

Legal Services

We provide full service representation for preparing and filing all necessary paperwork in the United States and at the appropriate U.S. Consulate in the foreign country. We defend against actions and requests for evidence from the government and guide the case.

Office Address:
  • Address:
    Millar & Hayes Immigration Lawyers
    744 West Hastings Street Suite 718
    Vancouver BC V6C 1A5
Contact Information
  • Phone: (604) 330-5550
  • Fax: (604) 357-1695
  • Hours: M - F : 9 am - 5 pm
  • Contact Us
Our Main Website

This is a topic-specific website intended for our Canadian clients. For more detailed information about our firm go to our main website, usborderlaw.com.

2017 Millar & Hayes. This web site is for advertising and general information purposes only.